Family support is an important part of St Dominic’s Community Response Project. It was one of the very first initiatives of the Project and began life in the small pastoral room in St Dominic’s Church; it was obvious from the start that there was a need in the community for such a group where families with concerns around drug issues could meet to talk about their problems. It is a place of support, information and sometimes referral for those living with addiction, which over time has grown from strength to strength.
- Longest established peer led Family Support Group in the Tallaght area.
- Supporting family members who have been affected by a loved one’s addiction.
- Individual Support
- One to one counselling available.
- Group meeting every Tuesday Evening from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
- 4 – 6 week assessment and one to one interventions by appointment are provided before introduction to the Support Group.
- Holistic Support available.
- Therapeutic and education groups are run throughout the year depending on demand, such as Health Awareness, Stress Management and Addiction Awareness, flower arranging and social events.
- The group has their own liaison person who represents them and communicates on their internal growth and development.
- Contact any member of our team between 9am and 5pm at: Phone: (01) 462 0624 or (01) 414 8632 Mobile: 083 337 7129
St. Dominic’s Community Response Project is a member of the National Family Support Network. Our groups and members are required to adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines of the National Family Support Network (which can be accessed on their website www.fsn.ie under publications)